Jernigan Genealogy - James Granville Jernigan
James Granville Jernigan - Son of J. Martin Jernigan and Mattie F. Alridge, James Granville Jernigan was born 6 Dec 1877 in Sumner County, Tennessee, and married Dona Lee "Doney" Denson, who was also from Tennessee on 14 Sep 1910. James Granville and Doney had five children; Addie Louise, Lonnie Lee, Mildred Elizabeth, Mattie May and James Alvin. According to Sumner County, Tennessee records, James Granville Jernigan died on 12 Dec 1955 and Doney died 28 Jan 1941.
- Addie Louise Jernigan was born in 1911, married Robert Lee Whittle in 1928 and the couple had two children, James Winfield & Dorothy Lee. James & his wife Mary were married in 1946 and had three children. Dorothy Lee Whittle was the first of her family to graduate from high school, married William Harrison and the couple had three children of their own.
- Lonnie Lee Jernigan I was born ~1913 and married Laura Sue Leathers. The couple had two children, Lonnie Lee II and Virginia Ruth. Lonnie Lee Jernigan I died 13 Aug 1963.
- Mildred Elizabeth Jernigan was known as "Elizabeth" and was born ~1916. She married Delbert Roberts and the couple had five children; Carl Leo, Edith, Patsy Gene, Ester & Sue, several of which currently live in Tennessee.
- Mattie May Jernigan was known as "May" and was born ~1918 and married "Spider" Dotson. May's family lived in or around Nashville for many year and May and Spider had two children, Nancy & Teddy.
- James Alvin Jernigan - b 5 Jul 1922, m 16 Apr 1950, d 24 Jul 1983
> Back to the Jernigan Family Ancestry & Genealogy homepage
> Jernigan Genealogy resources online